formula previews on export to word2003

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed May 20 06:59:01 PDT 2015

hi Yury,

On 16.05.2015 13:00, Yury wrote:
> Currently, when exporting a document with formulas in it to word2003 .DOC,
> previews' lower edges are place too high in the respective lines of the text
> (bug 88697). To me it seems like instead of the line's lower edge Y
> coordinate the line's baseline's Y coordinate is used -- but only for the
> generation and placement of the bitmapped preview -- opening the respective
> formula in word2003 regenerates the preview in the correct form.
>
> Where in the source (module, function(s)) are the coordinates for the
> (formulas on export) preview images determined? I'd like to have it quick
> fixed and wouldn't mind attempting to fix it myself.

most likely the preview image is created from:
SfxObjectShell::CreatePreviewMetaFile_Impl()

called somehow by:
comphelper::EmbeddedObjectContainer::GetGraphicReplacementStream()

did you try if this setting has any effect?

Tools->Options...->LibreOffice Writer->Formatting Aids
"Math baseline alignment"

apparently this was a new feature in OOo 3.4, maybe there are some
obscure bugs with it still?  did OOo 3.3 perform better?