Two svg import filters

Armin Le Grand armin_le_grand at me.com
Wed Nov 4 04:30:05 PST 2015

Hi,

Am 04.11.2015 um 13:11 schrieb Caolán McNamara:
> We have svgio which is being used for insert->image->from file and
> filter/source/svg which is being used for open file.
>
> Which one is "the future", and what prevents us from using it in both
> places ?

svgio: Imports SVG as Graphic, keeps SVG unchanged, embedded in ODF, can
be exported again, can be broken to graphic objects to use/change
geometrically

filter/source/svg: New for me, seems to directly convert on XML-Base
from SVG to ODF by breaking at import time

future: Not sure, there are probably args for each. If you want to
preserve the SVG unchanged, svgio and a resulting ODF with one graphic
object and embedded original SVG might be preferred. Needs to be discussed.

> C.

ALG (PGP Key: EE1C 4B3F E751 D8BC C485 DEC1 3C59 F953 D81C F4A2)