Two svg import filters

Armin Le Grand armin_le_grand at me.com
Thu Nov 5 03:22:17 PST 2015

Hi,

Am 05.11.2015 um 10:30 schrieb Xisco FaulĂ­:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently I've been working on some fixes for filter/source/svg/* and
> my intention would be to spend some more time to fix other issues in
> this filter as there's plenty of room for improvements. However, I'd
> like to know if a decision is going to be make wrt this topic before I
> do other fixes as I wouldn't like to work on something that,
> eventually, is going to be drop.
> From my point of view, I find svgio to support more svg elements and
> atributtes than svg filter but, as mentioned before, they do different
> things, svgio imports the file as svg and the filter as a draw
> document so it can be edited afterwards, so either we drop one or the
> other we are going to lose some already implemented features. On the
> other hand, it's also a pain to have 2 filters that do more or less
> the same.

SVG added as GraphicObject using svgio can also be edited - that's why
there is a 'break' command in the context menu for this objects. Not
sure if this command is available in all Apps from the UI perspective
(the core can always break SVGs), but you may try in draw/impress.
Breaking creates all SdrObjects needed to represent the SVG.

> With regards to the missing support in svg filter, I don't think it
> wouldn't be to difficult to improve it, as other filters already
> implement similar features, so they can be taken as a guidance.
>
> Regards
>
> *
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/owner:%22Xisco+Faul%25C3%25AD+Tarazona+%253Canistenis%2540gmail.com%253E%22

ALG (PGP Key: EE1C 4B3F E751 D8BC C485 DEC1 3C59 F953 D81C F4A2)