LibreOffice Bug

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 03:22:20 PST 2015

On 11/05/2015 10:39 PM, İrem Şendur wrote:
> Thank you for telling the directory's names.
> I thought adding dialog because in this bug's page in Bugzilla, Daniel
> Naber who reported this bug and Urmas said there should be dialog asking
> for restart on comments.
> So now should I focus on just the menu updating and not restart? And is
> menu updating issue's solution related with desktop/source/deployment
> directory too?

Yes, my (personal) opinion is that it would be more worthwhile to work
on live updating of menus than on a blunt "please restart" dialog.
However, the former is likely a far more difficult task than the latter.

Extensions bring along menu and toolbar elements via configuration .xcu
files that specify changes to the configuration's
/org.openoffice.Office.Addons/AddonUI tree.  Code can listen on changes
to this part of the configuration, and then react to them.

The code reading this configuration data when a newly opened document
window's menu is created is AddonsOptions_Impl::ReadOfficeMenuBarSet in
framework/source/fwe/classes/addonsoptions.cxx.  However, that code does
not currently listen on changes to the configuration data.