CAD software integration

Gastón J. Avila avila.gas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 10:42:01 PST 2015

Hi all,

With a number of people we have been evaluating open-source CAD
applications. We would like to know if you think it would be a good idea to
start a working on adding to the set of applications offered by
libreoffice, one CAD application.

There are a number of opensource alternatives to products like autocad but
none of them seem actively developed, so we would like to know to which
extent it is possible to have a libreoffice application be developed
outside the current choices of language+build system.

As background to this, we are trying to get CAD software into laptops used
by schools and we thing channeling this idea through libreoffice would be
the best.

If you have suggestions, we welcome them.

Thanks a lot.