Help compiling an idl for an Add-in

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 00:50:21 PST 2015

On 11/11/2015 12:42 AM, lucass wrote:
> To be sure i ran ./setsdkenv_unix --force-configure
>
> My configurations:
>
>   ************************************************************************
>   *
>   * SDK environment is prepared for Linux
>   *
>   * SDK = /usr/lib/libreoffice/sdk
>   * Office = /usr/lib/libreoffice
>   * Make = /usr/bin
>   * Zip = /usr/bin
>   * cat = /bin
>   * sed = /bin
>   * C++ Compiler = /usr/bin
>   * Java = /home/lucas/Programs/jdk1.8.0_25
>   * SDK Output directory = /home/lucas/loOut/libreoffice5.0_sdk
>   * Auto deployment = YES
>   *
>   ************************************************************************
>
> Still having the same compilation error.

It is very unlikely, even regarding in whatever way Ubuntu apparently
broke its version of LO SDK, that the way the LO SDK's idlc picks a
preprocessor is influenced by any settings done through the SDK's
setsdkenv_unix.  (As such, my "that is maybe also the reason why the
Ubuntu-provided LO SDK does not work for you" remark was not very
useful, and is more than likely false.)

My understanding is that this is a bug in Ubuntu, as per Björn's "Ubuntu
uses cpp as provided by gcc" (which I interpret to mean "Ubuntu uses cpp
as provided by gcc as the preprocessor called from idlc").