svp pixel fomats and cairo

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 00:59:34 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 04:18:49PM +0000, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> What my patch sequence currently proposes is to require cairo on all
> svp-using platform and to use cairo-compatible surface formats
> universally for svp internally and do as little conversion to other
> formats as possible.

That would be a nice quality improvement indeed. :-)

Do I get correctly that then basebmp would have no users, or do I miss
something?

> For online which takes the svp surface data and turns it into pngs to
> send to the client then https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/20092/1 shou
> ld convert that cairo-format data into png format correctly. This is
> untested, I know it builds though :-)

Looks great to me. One concern is that currently online.git master can
build against core.git master and also against core.git libreoffice-5-0,
it would be nice to not break that compatibility. (This also helps
bisecting core.git using online.git master.)

I've pushed fc06f801ee79fd49d54c27121ae9b2904d99f09c to master, so
online.git code can query the pixel format and act accordingly. (I.e.
your proposed online.git change could be trivially made conditional.)

Please, when you push your core.git changes, also update
doc_getTileMode() in desktop/source/lib/init.cxx to LOK_TILEMODE_ARGB.

Thanks!