Calc function to check for text that could be number in order to place UI indicators

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 09:56:12 PDT 2015

Hi Markus,

On Thursday, 2015-10-08 11:35:59 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

> > > On the LibreOffice Conference Hackfest at Aarhus we talked about
> > > placing UI indicators in the current view to hint cells that contain
> > > text that could be numbers instead.
> >
> > That would be v. neat. If we had a UI indicator for errors/warnings
> > detected in the idle loop I imagine we could extend it with all sorts
> > of checks, like Andrzej's unit detection stuff and things like
> > "formulas inconsistent with neighbouring formulas" ?
>
> Some such checks have been implemented this summer as part of GSoC. I still
> need to integrate it outside of the unit tests into calc but would have
> chosen a dialog for now.

Shouldn't user interaction only be triggered by the user? e.g. when
clicking on an indicator or such? Or I misunderstood what you were
referring with "a dialog"..

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack