[libreoffice-users] Creating High Res Images in Draw or Impress

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Fri Sep 18 13:03:34 PDT 2015

This is easily done from within Draw.

1. Open a new draw document
2. Use the page dialog to set orientation, and page size, also  I prefer to
remove margins--setting the page allows you to work with the whole drawing
and pass it for export rendering.
3. Use the Insert  -> Image, or the Drawing toolbar to add shapes and
annotation as needed
4. Save the Draw document as an ODF .odg drawing
5. Use the Export dialog to select a graphic format (Raster--TIFF, PNG or
JPEG, Vector--WMF or SVG)

Note: Depending on the dialog adjust the DPI setting 300 DPI (the "size" and
the resolution can be set independently) some are more fussy than others.
You can get the results you need.

I've attached a zip sample  ( HighRes_from_Draw.zip
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4160727/HighRes_from_Draw.zip>
) with an ODF Draw document, along with 300 dpi PNG and 600 dpi JPEG
renderings.