Broken master and newcomers.

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Thu Apr 21 08:25:50 UTC 2016

Just had an interesting IRC chat on the infra channel.

It seems it would be easy to have our ci system maintain a tag pr. platform.

The idea would be:
   when master compiles on platform Foo, set/move tag "buildable_on_<foo>".

Doing that would have a very minimal effect on the build job, but give (at least) new contributors a better security, that any build problems are local.

I highly recommend that such a tagging be implemented, and volunteer to update our "getInvolved" page to reflect this.

I am aware it does not guarantee that ci can build on all platforms, but it gives us a push in the right direction.

thoughts?

rgds
jan I.