Broken master and newcomers.

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:42:54 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 6:14 AM, jan iversen
<jani at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Sorry for double mail, to this theme, but speaking with a good friend of mine (who runs a very big ci system), I got an idea, which might solve the problem for good.
>
> Whenever jenkins builds a gerrit job, jenkins master knows when all platforms for that patch is compiled

Nope.

as I explained earlier.. tb job are per platform/config and are not
linked... so there is no garanteed that a given commit will get a tb
build on every config

one reason among other is the huge disparity in build time... so the
setup favor quick turn around per platform/config and maximal coverage
rather than big blocking check-all on the same commit setup

But ultimately the solution is to concentrate on gerrit build
verificatio, ot add the same coverage than tb there.. and leave the tb
as they are..
that way if something pass gerrit build verification it _will_ pass tb
so always green tb become a 'always gerrit workflow'

Norbert