Firebird - status update (not ready yet)

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 06:57:04 UTC 2016

Just a random thought - it seems like linking firebird into LO is a lot of pain.

Is there any real downside to just building firebird as an executable and then running it as a sub-process of LO?

It just seems to me that we're running "against the grain" here - firebird is a large complex application in it's own
right, and we're always going to be fighting fires if we keep trying to shoehorn it into a situation where it's not very
comfortable.

Just my 2c