Firebird - status update (not ready yet)

Bunth Tamás btomi96 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:01:57 UTC 2016

On 15 August 2016 at 08:57, Noel Grandin <noelgrandin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a random thought - it seems like linking firebird into LO is a lot of
> pain.
>
> Is there any real downside to just building firebird as an executable and
> then running it as a sub-process of LO?

The difficulty I run into is actually that there are now two libraries
of firebird,
and they are linked against each other. So the pain would be still
there I think,
if we'd make a sub-process (or it would be even worse,
since we'd need the runnable firebird file too).

But with Lionel's help things seem to turn good now.

Tamás