Firebird - status update (not ready yet)

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Tue Aug 16 08:11:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 09:49:20AM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> I think we would be opening another can of worms:
>
>  * version management and data format compatibility

You already need to care about this. There's distributions which WILL (and
did, although one can argue the firebird thing still is experimental) use
system-firebird. E.g. Debian.

I'd even go that far (as long as firebird thing is optional and not a
must-have) to either have system-firebird or no firebird at all.

Regards,

Reme