Firebird - status update (not ready yet)

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Tue Aug 16 18:48:46 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:11:15AM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 09:49:20AM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>> I think we would be opening another can of worms:

>>  * version management and data format compatibility

> You already need to care about this. There's distributions which WILL (and
> did, although one can argue the firebird thing still is experimental) use
> system-firebird. E.g. Debian.

<hat model="LibreOffice">
  These distributions have to take care not to break data format
  compatibility. We will help them in that, in giving clear
  documentation on which Firebird versions are acceptable.
</hat>

<hat model="Debian">
  We'll just synchronise minor Firebird upgrades with LibreOffice.
</hat>

--
Lionel