New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for LibreOffice

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 10:37:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-08-18 at 06:44 -0700, scan-admin at coverity.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the latest report on new defect(s) introduced to
> LibreOffice found with Coverity Scan.
>
> 600 new defect(s) introduced to LibreOffice found with Coverity Scan.

New latest version of coverity (8.5.0.2) works with gcc 6.1.1 and seems
to be more C++11 aware. It has a gadzillion warnings about "Incorrect
deallocator use" so I think the use of C++14 global sized deallocation
isn't supported. I'll try to disable the use of that in the next build.

I don't know how useful the new MISSING_MOVE_ASSIGNMENT potential
optimization warning is, but there is a lot of those too.

The recent "remove unused enum values" thing is a concern for me wrt
casting one enum type to another, e.g. the bizarre SfxMapMode and
(tools) MapMode were two enums with the same values in them and there
is code that freely casted from one to the other expecting the values
to be equivalent. The unused enum value cleanup will result in
something quite different happening to code that does that badness.

I've removed the duplication now for that case, but there might be
other places where this sort of problem exists where removing an unused
enum value results in some dodgy enum<->enum cast

C.