MS telemetry activated by MS-Visual Studio

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:58:57 UTC 2016

Hi Jean-Baptiste, *,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure
> <jbfaure at libreoffice.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> According to this article :
>> https://www.infoq.com/news/2016/06/visual-cpp-telemetry
>> I am wondering if MS-Windows builds of LibreOffice are affected.
>
> Without looking in detail, the article ends with:
>
> "VS2012 and VS2013 do not include this telemetry behavior."
>
> As builds are done with VS2013 currently, the answer is "No, TDF
> provided builds are not affected".

And looking at the acutal reddit thread/source for that article, I see
the post  by  Steve Carrol:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/4ibauu/visual_studio_adding_telemetry_function_calls_to/d30dmvu

→ update 3 to VS 2015 alraedy is available, so even when using  2015
shouldn't be a problem.

So more or less outdated post, wonder where you did stumble upon that
post now - even the responses by Steve Carrol (from which only one is
referred to in the atrticle) is three months old...

ciao
Christian