MS telemetry activated by MS-Visual Studio

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Thu Aug 25 04:55:52 UTC 2016

Hi Christian,

Le 24/08/2016 à 12:58, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Baptiste, *,
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Christian Lohmaier
> <lohmaier at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure
>> <jbfaure at libreoffice.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> According to this article :
>>> https://www.infoq.com/news/2016/06/visual-cpp-telemetry
>>> I am wondering if MS-Windows builds of LibreOffice are affected.
>>
>> Without looking in detail, the article ends with:
>>
>> "VS2012 and VS2013 do not include this telemetry behavior."
>>
>> As builds are done with VS2013 currently, the answer is "No, TDF
>> provided builds are not affected".

Thank you for your answer. Now I can answer if an end-user asks the
question. :-)

> And looking at the acutal reddit thread/source for that article, I see
> the post  by  Steve Carrol:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/4ibauu/visual_studio_adding_telemetry_function_calls_to/d30dmvu
>
> → update 3 to VS 2015 alraedy is available, so even when using  2015
> shouldn't be a problem.
>
> So more or less outdated post, wonder where you did stumble upon that
> post now - even the responses by Steve Carrol (from which only one is
> referred to in the atrticle) is three months old...

In a thread about W10 privacy problems in a French mailing-list.

Best regards.
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.