Minutes of ESC call: 2016-08-25

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Fri Aug 26 07:44:44 UTC 2016

> * UX Update (Heiko)
>    + R.I.P. ux-advice, long live needsUXEval
>        + Robinson killed it today (Heiko)
>    + Total number of needsUXEval (507)
>        + Base 1
>        + Calc 14
>        + Draw 74
>        + Extensions 1
>        + framework 3
>        + Impress 9
>        + LibreOffice 357
>        + Localization 1
>        + UI 14
>        + Writer 33
>    + compared to 2016-08-18
>        + Changed: (507)
>        + New: All-in-one settings (tdf#101609)
>        + Closed: -
Am I correct in assuming "closed" means evaluated by the UX team and ready to be programmed (meaning needsUXEval is removed) and not "closed" as in "bug solved" ?
If my assumption is correct, maybe changing "closed" to e.g. "ready to be solved" would be a good idea.

If a bug has needsUXEval or needsDEVEval set, people will not start working on it, so therefore it is important to get needs<foo> removed as soon as the needed work is done.

rgds
jan I.