Tiago Santos license statement doubt

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Aug 26 18:17:17 UTC 2016

On 26/08/16 18:58, Tiago Santos wrote:
> Can I make LO licence statement now, or, once I make the statement I am
> interfering with the base licences, and as such, I must wait until PAPEL
> and Onto.pt author also grants a specific licensing change permission
> for this project?

You can't interfere with other peoples' licences.

Your licence statement only applies to contributions for which you hold
the copyright, so as long as you make it clear what code is yours and
what code is other peoples', you can post your licence statement at your
convenience.

(The current situation is confusing, because it sounds like you have
compiler's copyright, which means you own the copyright in the files you
are submitting, but not in the files they were built from. That's why
being very clear about what work is whose is so important...)

Cheers,
Wol