LibreOffice for FreeBSD on PowerPC

Curtis Hamilton clhamilto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:58:37 UTC 2016

I've successfully built Libreoffice-4.3.7 on FreeBSD 10.2/PowerPC64, that
has menu icons,  toolbars and graphics.  With the exception of the Base
application, everything seems to be working correctly.

To get it to build, I had to take the "hatchet" approach, due to a flaw in
the big/little endian logic in the code.  The code does not seem to be
defining "OSL_BIGENDIAN" properly, thus testing fails and defaults to
little endian.  I removed and/or commented the code tests for
"OSL_BIGENDIAN" in most modules where it appeared.  Leaving the software
hard coded for "big endian".  I believe the issue with the Base application
is due to the "hatchet" that was taken to the code.

Armed with this knowledge, I working to find and correct the flawed endian
logic and develop patches.  I'm sure the results will be easily repeatable
for LO5.