gbuildtojson

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Dec 5 21:01:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 08:14:30PM +0100, jan iversen wrote:
> my goal is still to be able to load a solution in a IDE press build and its done....

Hmmm? That is already possible in most of the gbuild-to-ide created solutions
as of now e.g. KdevelopIdeIntegration has 'Full Build -- Release' (which just
calls a global make), QtCreator has '9-Global build'. Indeed, for MSVS we
currently only generate targets per module, but a 'global build' build config
that does a top-level make should be trivial to add.

So what usecase are you aiming for? for which benefits which are not covered by
current solutions?

Best,

Bjoern