gbuildtojson

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Mon Dec 5 21:52:36 UTC 2016

> Hmmm? That is already possible in most of the gbuild-to-ide created solutions
> as of now e.g. KdevelopIdeIntegration has 'Full Build -- Release' (which just
> calls a global make), QtCreator has '9-Global build'. Indeed, for MSVS we
> currently only generate targets per module, but a 'global build' build config
> that does a top-level make should be trivial to add.

well last time I tried it in windows java and python was not included. Also there was a lot of targets missing.

> So what usecase are you aiming for? for which benefits which are not covered by
> current solutions?
The simple use case, of being able to develop/build/debug within the IDE....especially debugging is important. setting breakpoints on the lines and viewing variables is what students learn todo.

Students want to do all development within the IDE, and I do not see why it should be impossible.

rgds
jan i