gbuildtojson

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Dec 6 14:22:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 01:41:33PM +0100, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Yes, it would be very nice ;-) In bringing into existence such a
> capability, I might actually be able to contribute more usefully to
> debugging, via my QA activities, particularly awkward bugs on OSX for
> which no one has the time or inclination to look at.

FWIW, for the time being Qt-Creator exists for OSX:

 http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/mac-support.html

and this commit:

 https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=237a1b79a1d5af10434c2b93cfc83c1c8e55a9d5

says:

 "Developers can use use QtCreator to edit, compile and debug LibreOffice."

I dont know if it was ever tested on OSX, but it might be worth a try?

Best,

Bjoern

P.S.: If you get it working, please report back, because then we would have an
      IDE for all major plaforms: Kdevelop (Linux), Visual Studio (Windows),
      Qt-Creator (OSX). It would be valuable to keep these from regressing.