gbuildtojson

Maxim Monastirsky momonasmon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 21:58:08 UTC 2016

Hi Bjoern,

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 15:22 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> and this commit:
>
>  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=237a1b79a1d
> 5af10434c2b93cfc83c1c8e55a9d5
>
> says:
>
>  "Developers can use use QtCreator to edit, compile and debug
> LibreOffice."
>
> I dont know if it was ever tested on OSX, but it might be worth a
> try?

I don't know about OSX, but at least under Linux compile/run from
QtCreator doesn't work, and AFAIK never worked anywhere except for the
one who did that patch. The reason is that .pro.user files are _by
design_ installation-specific. They hardcode the "kit" identifier which
is unique for each installation. When you try to open this on a
different machine, the existing .pro.user files are simply ignored. So
unless we introduce some logic to detect the currently installed
QtCreator config folder, and get the kit identifier out of it, this is
not that useful for newcomers...

Maxim