Request For Comments: Hebrew numbering in Libreoffice

toki toki.kantoor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 21:12:54 UTC 2016

On 08/12/16 01:29, Yossi Zahn wrote:

> Can you explain your intention more clearly? Suppose language A and
> language B have numbering systems that are  only available by using the
> "Native Numbering" option. Now suppose a user would like to author a
> document using both languages and their respective numbering systems.
> How would that be possible with the current implementation?

If both CJKV and CTL are set "on", then, in _theory_, with "context
numbering" set, the numbering will follow the writing system of the
glyphs that are next to the numbers, be they BiDI, CJKV, CTL, or L2R.

The practice, unfortunately, does not always follow the theory.

> My intention was not to remove the possibility of using those numbering
> systems, rather that they should be available directly without requiring
> the use of "native numbering" + setting your preferred locale.

"Locale" is writing system plus language plus geographical location.

jonathon