Request For Comments: Hebrew numbering in Libreoffice

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 12:45:06 UTC 2016

Hi Yossi,

On Thursday, 2016-12-08 20:11:05 +0200, Yossi Zahn wrote:

>    On 08/12/2016 07:50 PM, Eike Rathke wrote:
>
>  Note also that there are two Hebrew numberings, one NATNUM1 and the
>  other NATNUM2 which uses Geresh and Gershayim. I have no idea which one
>  would be correct (or even both needed?), but you seem to know.
>
>    In case anyone is interested, the 2 numbering forms are both correct,
>    though NATNUM1 is the more modern and NATNUM2 is somewhat more
>    traditional. As an aside, MS Office also provides the 2 options, though
>    interestingly it can only be controlled via a global program setting,
>    which I always found strange,

Indeed. So when setting that option to different values, does MS-Office
write different identifiers to ODF, and how does it save things to
OOXML?

>  I hope this helps.
>
>    Oh yes, 'twas more than I bargained for, thanks.
>    yossi

Btw, writing HTML-only mails produces a confusing quoting, i.e. quoting
levels seem to be only differentiated by indentation when viewed in
a text mail reader.

 Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack