[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Dec 16 09:28:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:02:03PM +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> since the goal of the policy is  "we can make incompatible changes
> whenever it doesn't affect any 3rd party extension or macro", the
> "published" tag is much less useful as guidance than it may appear at
> first glance.

So, uhmm, if the current/old use of "published" doesnt service core developers
and doesnt serve UNO users, maybe we should consider making it useful? A
radical step would be to remove the "published" tag everywhere (as we allow
ourselves API changes anywhere already) and then carefully readd them in areas
where we are reasonably sure we dont have to break the API again soon.

Best,

Bjoern