Please add an option to set bug reports to "Private"

toki toki.kantoor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 21:48:44 UTC 2016

On 12/21/2016 06:08 AM, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:

> I'd be grateful if you could add an option to your bugtracker to hide bug reports and/or sample files from public view,

That is not going to happen. For starters any Tom, Dick, or Harry that
wants to be a LibO developer can be. (^1)

>bugs and issues don't exist unless they show up in the bugtracker.
>The advantage of those files is that they have been created by real
graphics professionals for real customers and are far more valuable than
simple unit tests.

Option # 1 is to retain a Tier 3 support firm, to fix those bugs, and
send them upstream.
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/professional-support/ is a good
starting point, for finding such a firm.

Option # 2 is to create similar content using the Lorem Ipsum
equivalent, and upload that along with your bug report.

Option # 3 is to file the bug report, with precise, exact, intricate
step by step details on how to reproduce the bug.

^1: More precisely, can contribute code.  Whether or not their code is
included in the software a slightly different issue.

jonathon