Please add an option to set bug reports to "Private"

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Thu Dec 22 18:06:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-12-21 at 07:08 +0100, "Christoph Schäfer"
<christoph-schaef
er at gmx.de> wrote asking for a way to send
failing documents so that they
would be accessible only to
developers and admins.

The QA team consists of whoever cares to show up.  We routinely
do some work on bug reports.  So, this proposal would force this
work onto developers and admins.  I am talking about work like

(*) Ensure that the bug has not already been reported.

(*) Ensure that the steps for reproduction are clear and
    complete.  Generally, they should be adequate even for
    someone who does not usually us the feature in question.

(*) Find at least one other system where the bug is evdent.

(*) Determine whether the bug represents a regression form an
    earlier version of LibreOffice.

(*) Determine when a regression entered LibreOffice.

On balance, I view the transfer of work to developers as
undesirable.