Please add an option to set bug reports to "Private"

Jan Iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Thu Dec 22 15:03:31 UTC 2016

> Just to be clear, I'm coming from the graphics design and layout community, and I want to support the development of libraries like libfreehand or libpagemaker. For that purpose I used my contacts to layout and DTP experts and asked for sample files, so I could test the importers with all programmes that use them, but primarily LibreOffice. In other words, I and the friendly people who donated from their backups want to help you to fix YOUR bugs.

I think a lot of the mail in this thread contain a lot of truth (from all). But please everybody truth is relative to the viewer and not universal. If Christoph has knowledge of multiple problems and test files to show it, then lets find a way to make them available, instead of solving the general problem (which is far more difficult as described).

> A suggestion from my side would be to grant DLP hackers "Developer" status on Scribus's bugtracker (bugs.scribus.net <http://bugs.scribus.net/>) for DTP and vector formats, so I can upload the test files over there as "Private". As "Developers" they would have access to the test files. The status would only be granted if one of the DLP leads (e.g. Fridrich Štrba or David Tardon) can confirm that the person is indeed an active DLP developer.
Thanks Christoph for suggesting a compromise.

I think it is a good idea ! and please have each problem added as a BZ issue, with some link to the Scribus bug tracker (e.g. id), and a not like “if you want to work on this bug, please assign it to yourself, and ping Fridrích / David / Christoph  to get access to the test document”.

I hope with that solution everybody is happy, and we can all benefit LO being even better than it is.

I just have to comment on one thing. The use of “YOUR” is not correct, we (whoever that is) do not own the program, it is OUR bugs, where our means everybody using LO.

Lets all have some nice days.

rgds
jan I.