5.* series builds defective on Slackware

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:29:12 UTC 2016

On 08/02/16 22:38, Yury Tarasievich wrote:
> /apologies for sending this twice, but it seems
> the list isn't working well/

Actually, it is the Gmane interface to the list
that's not working well; can't even get the
'followup' interface open; won't switch to
receiving the email stream yet, too.

Hence, this primitive (but allowed)
thread-building technique.

So, the general problem is: there are some
issues with export of StarMath to Word 2003 .DOC
files. Seeing as the developers can't or won't
fix it, I'm trying to create the solution myself.

To have something to work with, I make a local
build from source releases.

I can't invest the time in enhancing my
(nonexistent) skills in profiling etc. For my
particular problem, it may even be unnecessary.

However, to have any hope of getting advise from
developers, I have both to turn to this list and
to build the fairly fresh release of 5 series.

Now, 4.3.7.2 (last build from 4 series) builds
okay. But 5.1.0.* builds are defective like I've
described before.

So I'd like to know: what should I try to change
in my build environment? Should I build on an
another distro? emulated?

-Yury