[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: New saving behavior

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jan 13 01:27:33 PST 2016

> On 12/23/2015 10:38 AM, Maxim Monastirsky wrote:
> >commit 22328a224df4619218b88205838307f70612207e
> >Author: Maxim Monastirsky <momonasmon at gmail.com>
> >Date:   Tue Dec 22 13:12:23 2015 +0200
> >
> >     New saving behavior
> >
> >     Changes in this commit:
> >
> >     - AlwaysAllowSave config is gone. Saving is always permitted, unless in
> >       a read only document. Also changed the behavior in dbaccess to match
> >       sfx2.

I'm rather worried about the hunks that remove the
OInterceptor::documentEventOccured stuff, which was registered as a
DocumentEventListener. I'm afraid that this is the mechanism that was
used for embedded databases to do the actual "save embedded database
in the ZIP" step.

For firebird, see connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Connection.cxx
near the end of Connection::construct.

For HSQLDB, I'm not quite sure how it is done exactly. I know it
overrides HSQLDB's output functions at the Java level (see
connectivity/source/drivers/hsqldb/*Storage*.cxx), but I'm not sure
how this is synchronised with the other stuff in the ZIP structure
(the .odb file).

Did you ascertain that my above worry is not founded? If not, could
you please kindly do?

If my above worry is not founded, then what was this
OInterceptor::documentEventOccured used for?

Thanks in advance.

--
Lionel