[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: New saving behavior

Maxim Monastirsky momonasmon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 02:11:05 PST 2016

Hi Lionel,

On Wed, 2016-01-13 at 10:27 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> I'm rather worried about the hunks that remove the
> OInterceptor::documentEventOccured stuff, which was registered as a
> DocumentEventListener. I'm afraid that this is the mechanism that was
> used for embedded databases to do the actual "save embedded database
> in the ZIP" step.
Do you aware of any specific scenario where it stopped working because
of this commit?

> For firebird, see connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Connection.cxx
> near the end of Connection::construct.
The Connection class is a listener, much like OInterceptor was. There
were no changes in the broadcaster, and I don't understand how removing
one listener could make others stop working. Unless I'm missing
something?

> If my above worry is not founded, then what was this
> OInterceptor::documentEventOccured used for?
It was used to notify XStatusListeners on whether the component is
modified or not, by sending updates for ".uno:Save" with
enabled/disabled states respectively. See tdf#92203 and the related
bugfix commit.

Maxim