[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: New saving behavior

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jan 13 02:31:27 PST 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 12:11:05PM +0200, Maxim Monastirsky wrote:
> Hi Lionel,
>
> On Wed, 2016-01-13 at 10:27 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> >
> > I'm rather worried about the hunks that remove the
> > OInterceptor::documentEventOccured stuff, which was registered as a
> > DocumentEventListener. I'm afraid that this is the mechanism that was
> > used for embedded databases to do the actual "save embedded database
> > in the ZIP" step.
> Do you aware of any specific scenario where it stopped working because
> of this commit?

No, "I was worried", not "I found a bug".

>> For firebird, see
>> connectivity/source/drivers/firebird/Connection.cxx near the end of
>> Connection::construct.

> The Connection class is a listener, much like OInterceptor was.

Ah, OK, then. The OInterceptor looked like it was rebroadcasting the
event to "sub-listeners". I understand you say that the Connection
class was listening at the same level as the OInterceptor, and was not
such a "sublistener". Then that's alright. Thanks for checking.

>> If my above worry is not founded, then what was this
>> OInterceptor::documentEventOccured used for?

> It was used to notify XStatusListeners on whether the component is
> modified or not, by sending updates for ".uno:Save" with
> enabled/disabled states respectively.

And I presume the HSQLDB driver was not such a listener, OK. The list
of listeners were taken from m_pStatCL, and I didn't see this list of
listeners being removed, so it seemed weird to me.

Thanks for reassuring me.

--
Lionel