Failures in OS X builds - too many errors?

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:46:57 PST 2016

Hi all,

I think that something odd is happening in the compilation of the boost library, I’m getting an error on Jenkins that there are too many failures in the compilation process.

I think it’s normal to have the errors, is it just that we need to add a switch to clang to not limit errors? Don’t know the impact this would have unfortunately.

Gerrit submission is:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/21633/ <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/21633/>

Console log output is here:

http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit_master/10759/Gerrit=Gerrit,Platform=MacOSX/console <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit_master/10759/Gerrit=Gerrit,Platform=MacOSX/console>

Oddly enough, when I build on my own OS X system (which I *finally* managed to get working… sort of), I don’t get the same error.

I think someone mentioned on IRC last night that this might only occur on systems where make clean was run, or something along those lines.

Apologies if this is something already fixed, I thought I’d just ask on the list because OS X is not my strong-suit (yet).

Oh, I should note that I am currently getting a failure in Cppunittest_sw_ooxmlimport:

Test name: testGroupshapeChildRotation::Import
equality assertion failed
- Expected: 686
- Actual  : 688

Failures !!!
Run: 208   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

Maybe it’s related? Though that seems a bit unlikely. I didn’t see any tinderbox failures, so I’m a bit surprised it’s happening on my system though!

Chris

---

A snippet of the log is:

In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/sal/cppunittester/cppunittester.cxx:57:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/algorithm/string.hpp:23:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/algorithm/string/split.hpp:16:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/algorithm/string/iter_find.hpp:27:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/algorithm/string/find_iterator.hpp:24:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/algorithm/string/detail/find_iterator.hpp:18:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/function.hpp:64:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter/forward1.hpp:87:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/function/detail/function_iterate.hpp:14:
In file included from /Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/function/detail/maybe_include.hpp:53:
/Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/function/function_template.hpp:574:32: error: unknown warning group '-Wpragmas', ignored [-Werror,-Wunknown-pragmas]
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wpragmas"
                               ^
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
[build CXX] sal/qa/rtl/strings/test_oustring_compare.cxx
20 errors generated.
/Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:189: recipe for target '/Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/CxxObject/sal/cppunittester/cppunittester.o' failed
make[1]: *** [/Users/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit_master/Gerrit/Gerrit/Platform/MacOSX/workdir/CxxObject/sal/cppunittester/cppunittester.o] Error 1
Makefile:247: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE