EasuHacks spring cleanup

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Thu Jan 28 00:16:58 PST 2016

> - make the queries on:
>  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks/lists/by_Required_Skill
>  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks/lists/by_Difficulty
>  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks/lists/by_Topic
>  exclude easyHacks in state NEEDINFO
I am working at combining the new "step by step" guide with the getInvolved page, so we only have 1 page but with the combined info.

NEEDINFO should really be excluded, and also if the bug is assigned to someone.

> - check open easyHacks with Bug IDs < 40000:
>  https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&f1=bug_id&keywords=easyHack%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=587248&o1=lessthan&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&v1=40000
>  those were mostly the EasyHack I copied over from the wiki, thus I am the
>  reporter although for most of them, I dont want to mentor them. Checking them
>  should include:
>  - since this one is open since before 2011-09, why isnt this solved? If its
>    neither easy nor interesting but actionable, remove the easyHack tag.
>  - otherwise is there a mentor explicitly named? -> if not, set them to NEEDINFO
Is this already done ?

> - look at the 99 easyHacks with more than 10 comments:
>  These have to be highly daunting to newcomers.
>  Unless these are all commit notifications, either remove the easyHack tag, or:
>  - open a new easyHack consolidating all the info from the back an forth in the comments
>  - close the old easyHack with a link to the new one in "see also:"
Is this already done ?

> The goal of all of this is to focus newcomers on our best EasyHacks, instead of
> letting them wade though lots of rotten ones.
Could not agree more. However I can see a lot of work has been made the last couple of days, so I am unsure what is really outstanding.

rgds
jan i