configure options for 'stock' builds?

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Thu Jan 28 07:43:07 PST 2016

Hi Yury,

Am 27.01.2016 um 07:33 schrieb Yury:
> Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>
> However, I do not see any obvious sources for that slowdown with big files
> I'm experiencing (which wasn't there in 4 series local builds):
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.devel/69790
>
> I'm clueless here. Could you offer some advice?

You can try to do some profiling.
You would need a build with --enable-symbols and valgrind installed.

Just set:

export VALGRIND=callgrind

Then run LO (It'll be much slower!)

>From a 2nd terminal you can run callgrind_control, which shows you the
profiled programs with PIDs. When the GUI is visible and the document
loaded, just "--dump" the stats and "--kill" the program with
callgrind_control (see --help); probably "--kill" is enough and you
don't need an explicit "--dump".

Easiest way to analyze the output is to load the result
(callgrind.out.<PID>.1) into kcachegrind.

HTH

Jan-Marek