GSoC Weekly Report #7 - Table Styles

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 06:58:06 UTC 2016

Hi Jakub,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:41:16PM +0200, Jakub Trzebiatowski <ubap.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> If everything goes fine I would like to start working on table autoformat
> dialog.
> I have the following Design Meeting paper:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FPkf9fn79dXJ5tHpc-meMYxaQpj3nV5sEN6u9HOo2GQ/
> edit
> However I don't know which table autoformat dialog design would be the best
> implement.
>
> Or maybe would it be better to start from table styles panel, or table
> styles toolbar?

I think first you should focus on the building blocks, providing UI to:

- create sw table styles
- list existing sw table styles
- apply an sw existing table style to a table
- modify existing sw table styles
- delete existing sw table styles

Perhaps listing existing ones is the easiest, that would be a Table
Styles tab in the Styles and Formatting thing on the sidebar (the one
that comes up when you press F11).

That already requires listing styles and marking the currently used one
as selected (so it works the same way as it does for e.g. paragraph
styles). So I would do that first. (Page 4 of the above document has a
mockup for that part, as far as I see.)

After that, you could do the "apply an sw existing table style to a
table" task, which would be double-clicking on table style name in the
style list (again, similar to paragraph styles).

Regards,

Miklos