two types of tear-off menus ?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 20:11:31 UTC 2016

We seem to have two types of tear-off menus. e.g. in impress the basic
shapes and connector etc menus have the tear off area at the bottom
with a little line effect. I like this (a) set because they don't have
any focus issues for me under gtk3 :-).

The other (b) set has examples like line color and fill color. They
have their tear-off concealed at the top, cause focus trouble when the
popup under gtk3. Every time I've tried to do anything with this type
of menu in the past something has gone wrong on one platform or
another. i.e. they're fragile and system dependent.

Anyway, is there any existing plans to move the b types to be a types ?
Or any thoughts about what might be involved there ?

C.