two types of tear-off menus ?

Maxim Monastirsky momonasmon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 22:28:18 UTC 2016

Hi Caolán,

On Fri, 2016-06-03 at 21:11 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> We seem to have two types of tear-off menus. e.g. in impress the
> basic
> shapes and connector etc menus have the tear off area at the bottom
> with a little line effect. I like this (a) set because they don't
> have
> any focus issues for me under gtk3 :-).
>
> The other (b) set has examples like line color and fill color. They
> have their tear-off concealed at the top, cause focus trouble when
> the
> popup under gtk3.

It seems to me that the focus issues are related to the handling
of WB_OWNERDRAWDECORATION, which present in (b) but not in (a). In
particular the SalFrameStyleFlags::OWNERDRAWDECORATION case
in GtkSalFrame::Init - which (wrongly) assumes the everything that has
self-decoration is a toolbar, and shouldn't have focus.

I'm getting different results with different combinations of the
GdkWindowTypeHint + gtk_window_set_accept_focus arg. +
whether FloatWinPopupFlags::GrabFocus was passed to the
FloatingWindow::StartPopupMode calls.

> Anyway, is there any existing plans to move the b types to be a types
> ?

I played with it a bit today, but had several issues with .ui based
dropdowns. So I'm afraid this will just bring a new set of issues...

Maxim