GSoC Week 2: Redesigning the Template Manager

Akshay Deep akshaydeepiitr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:07:22 UTC 2016

Hello,
    I'm working with on the Template Manager as my GSoC project. The
feature is being implemented in master as well as in Libreoffice 5.2.
(Mentors: Samuel Mehrbrodt and Yousuf Philips )

Important tasks completed last week:
1. Template Selection dialog for Impress
       ( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/25642/ )
       ( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/25913/ )
2. Remove Presentation wizard from Impress
3. Default Template Handling Improvements
       ( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/25916/ )
       ( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/25816/ )
4. Improved keyboard navigation in template manager and start center
and a few other fixes. ( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/akki95 )

Blog: akkidevblog.wordpress.com for keeping track of all ideas and changes.

TODO List: https://trello.com/b/TyXddFQQ/libreoffice-new-template-manager#
Most of the tasks related to the project has been completed.

This week: I'll fix the remaining bugs for master and 5.2 and will look
into the details of integrating online templates by parsing JSON using
Orcus (5.3 only).

Regards,
Akshay  ( IRC: Akki )