Update to Firebird 3.0

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jun 8 07:52:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 09:50:43AM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 05, 2016 at 12:32:57PM +0200, Bunth Tamás wrote:

>> Or we should put the libEngine12.so/dll file next to the
>> libfbclient file. That can be done in builds/posix/make.defaults I
>> think.

> "proper" Firebird packaging is different:

> /usr/lib/firebird/3.0/plugins/libEngine12.so	firebird3.0-server

> whereas fbclient is in /usr/lib:

> see https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=libfbclient&mode=filename&suite=experimental&arch=any

> So I believe our custom-built firebird should be able to find it (and be
> it in some plugins/ directory...)

In the current state of the patch, it doesn't find it because it is
looking for it in /usr/local/lib/firebird/plugins/libEngine12.so,
whereas our build system puts it in something like:
 /opt/libreoffice5.2/program/libEngine12.so
 /home/rene/src/libreoffice/instdir/program/libEngine12.so

We need to have our custom-built firebird to look in the right place;
obviously we can also install libEngine12.so in a subdirectory of
"program" instead of directly in "program" if that helps.

Either this can be done by an argument passed to firebird's
./configure (something like --with-plugin-dir), or we patch the
dlopen() call to not pass an absolute path, but a relative path, or

Lionel