Save as pdf - should we embed the document?

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Jun 9 14:42:52 UTC 2016

On 09/06/16 15:25, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Additionally to what Stuart already said about Hybrid PDF, there are
>> security settings under Tools - Options - LibreOffice - Security
>> "Security Options and Warnings", see the dialog there.
>
> And of course to double-stress it: hybrid PDF is optional, you don't
> have to embed the original document..

Good :-) That's the main thing that concerned me. Okay, maybe I'm a bit
paranoid about this (not personally, but I see far too many reports of
accidental leaks), but so long as it doesn't happen by default that's
good news. As the article said, documents often contain a lot of
information that is not visible but can be accessed by anyone in the
know - I didn't want LO to get tarred with that brush because people
didn't realise it was happening.

Cheers,
Wol