svl::SharedString::getDataIgnoreCase() returns unexpected result

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Mon Jun 13 10:20:11 UTC 2016

Hi Eike,

> > I made a quick fix by using aRefStr.getString().equalsIgnoreAsciiCase(
> aStr.getString() ) instead.
>
> Ugly ;-)

I agree.

> > That works, now SWITCH("C";"c";"OK") returns OK in Calc.
> >
> > I don't have branch 5.2, and I don't want to 'fix' master as I am very
> close to converting the function to a jump function (SWITCH works, IFS is
> next).
>
> That's likely going to have the same problem though.

Yes, but as I will be submitting a patch for these functions anyway, I thought it not neccessary to fix this in master right now.

> > What do you advise as quickest/best way to fix version 5.2?
>
> I'll take a look what the original cause is. Do you have a failing
> example?

I tried failing examples with a daily build (as my master uses the jump version of SWITCH) and in the daily build all works fine (e.g. SWITCH("a","a",1,0)).
That means I must have made a fuzz about nothing, i.e. the problem is confined in the jump version.
Basically, the problem occurs on reading the first argument with GetString(), i.e. before jumping.

I will continue working on that and either fix that neatly or show where the problem occurs.

I'm sorry I bothered you about this...

Winfried