Interest in contributing to Libreoffice GSoC 2016

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 19:23:41 UTC 2016

Hey,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Djimeli Konrad <djkonro35 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Djimeli Konrad a second year computer science student from the
> University of Buea, Cameroon. I am proficient in c, c++ and python. I would
> like to contribute Libreoffice for the Google Summer of Code 2016. I am
> interest in working on the project "Support ODF styles in orcus" and I have
> successfully built and compile the Libreoffice and orcus source code. I
> have previous experience developing a VRML-STL parser hosted on github (
> https://github.com/djkonro/vrml-stl ) and also an X3D importer for
> BRL-CAD GSoC 2015. I would like to get some pointer to some starting point
> that could give me a better understanding of the project.

Nice to see that you are interested in that task.

On the orcus side the odf styles import is in
src/liborcus/odf_styles_context.cpp. On the LibreOffice side the
integration for orcus is in sc/source/filter/orcus. I already did quite
some work on the orcus side for the new orcus release but there are still
big parts missing and the integration into LibreOffice is quite bad.
Missing features on both sides are for example the support for number
formats and for example the support for conditional formatting and related
concepts (which are at least in ODF 1.2 still part of the style).

Unrelated to the actual task you should also solve at least one non-trivial
Easy Hack [1] which is our minimum requirement to show that you are able to
build and work on LibreOffice.

Regards,
Markus