Collabora Online Chinese support issues

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Tue Mar 8 16:32:17 UTC 2016

Hi there,

On Tue, 2016-03-01 at 15:57 +0800, xipeng wrote:
> I am the company's on going development of online office, selected
> Collabora Online open source framework, but does not support Chinese
> input in the source code, we want to achieve this part.

	Ah - indeed =)

>  We hope you can give some suggestions, such as implementation, what
> position in the original frame to add or code, etc.

	Certainly; so the code is here:

	https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=online.git;a=summary

	And I imagine this is a rather interesting problem; personally I'm no
export in IME support in browsers; but the key handling (just had a
quick skim and found: src/map/handler/Map.Keyboard.js) seems to be based
on UNO keycodes.

	I imagine for an IME we will need at a minimum to expose an "insert
unicode string" method at the LOK / server side.

	Does that make some sense ?

	ATB,

		Michael.

--