Collabora Online Chinese support issues

xipeng xipeng at nfschina.com
Thu Mar 10 02:29:41 UTC 2016

	Hi Meeks,

	    Thank you very much to provide information that makes sense for our work.

	    I suspect that the browser may support IME, just after switching Chinese input do not know how to obtain the return of the unicode code.

	    I imagine "Map.Keyboard.js" is the implementation of the event for the English/Western char input.

	    If I understand correctly, you mean unoKeyCode likely to receive Chinese input return code. In this section we want to hear your further guidance.

	    We hope our efforts can bring some convenience to people's lives.

		Best regards,

		Xipeng Song

	在 2016-03-09, Wed, 00:28:15 ,Michael Meeks 写到:

Hi there,

On Tue, 2016-03-01 at 15:57 +0800, xipeng wrote:
> I am the company's on going development of online office, selected
> Collabora Online open source framework, but does not support Chinese
> input in the source code, we want to achieve this part.

	Ah - indeed =)

>  We hope you can give some suggestions, such as implementation, what
> position in the original frame to add or code, etc.

	Certainly; so the code is here:

	https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=online.git;a=summary

	And I imagine this is a rather interesting problem; personally I'm no
export in IME support in browsers; but the key handling (just had a
quick skim and found: src/map/handler/Map.Keyboard.js) seems to be based
on UNO keycodes.

	I imagine for an IME we will need at a minimum to expose an "insert
unicode string" method at the LOK / server side.

	Does that make some sense ?

	ATB,

		Michael.

--