alternatives to Firebird: sqlite [was: Firebird doesn't support MSVC 2015]

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Mar 9 18:06:07 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 06:59:08PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 08:44:03PM +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
>> On 08/03/16 13:32, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>>> At this point, I'd say, even more strongly than usual: the one that
>>> will do it will decide. Upgrading to a modern Java-based database
>>> would maybe not be that bad after all...

>> Sounds like I'd better get my finger out then!

>> IF I can get the basics in place (and to be honest it is a big if),
>> are other people prepared to muck in and help with the bits I can't
>> do?

> Now, specifically, duckduckgo-ing for "Pick" does not bring the
> expected results, so if you could give me some links to see what you
> are talking about? Thanks.

Found
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2579803/business-intelligence/open-source-pick-like-database-being-developed.html
which sent me to "MaVerick" which led me to
http://www.maverick-dbms.org/doc/index.html

I see that it can act as datastore for MySQL and PostgresSQL; this
gives the impression that it is a datastore, but there is no SQL
layer. What do you intend to use as SQL layer? Develop one?

--
Lionel