Firebird doesn't support MSVC 2015

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 08:41:13 UTC 2016

Hi David,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 07:37:40PM +0100, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:
> > The wiki states that 32-bit >build is broken, that sounds like a
> >blocker as well. (Or is it just >that the wiki is outdated?
> >configure.ac:5277 suggests it's up to date.)
>
> Yes, wiki was outdated, should be fixed now. Thanks for noticing.

Hmm, I've set up a 32bit VM with VS2015 only (no VS2013). Currently
configure fails at find_dotnetsdk46(), which isn't too surprising, since
even you added a TODO, saying the current code only works on 64bit. :-)

It would be really nice if this would be addressed before VS2013 support
is dropped. I'm mentioning this here, as my concern is that you only
test 64bit and CI only tests VS2013+VS2015, not VS2015 only.

Thanks,

Miklos